This week (December 8-December 12) in Bible we are going to learn about Jonah. Our memory verse is James 1:17. I will assess the students on Friday, December 12.
In Phonics this week we are learning the consonant R. R is for robot, rocket, and red. Capital R looks like a straight stick with a hump and a slide. Little r looks like a stick with a droopy arm. We will also be reviewing blend ladders!
This week in Numbers we are reviewing 1-10. We will be counting to 20.
Please review Bible verse, Phonics, and Numbers at home J.
- I will be orally assessing this week for the 2nd 9 weeks. I will assess on Numbers 1-10 and counting to 20. I will also assess on the vowels and consonants we have learned thus far (comprehension and recognition).
- Please feel free to donate anything to our Blessing Box!
- Show and Tell for the letter R will be on Friday, December 12. Please bring a show and tell that can fit inside of your child’ s backpack.
- Our class Christmas Party is Thursday, December 18. The Christmas Program is Friday, December 19. More details to come!
- If you send your child to school with grapes or a hotdog they must be cut in half! It is a safety rule at VCA.